Internationals Network’ Professional Development workshops are designed to build capacity of participants to implement core effective practices with English language learners and of school leaders to support faculty in implementing those practices.
Below are examples of workshop modules for teachers and professional development activities for school leaders that we facilitate and draw upon in creating your customized plan:
- Experiencing the Internationals’ Approach Overview
- Integrating Language and Content Overview
- Collaboration Overview
- The Heterogeneous ELL Classroom Overview
- Experiental Learning Overview
- Leveraging Native Language Overview
If you are interested in learning more about our workshops, please contact
Genna Robbins, Manager of Professional Development Services:
ISHARE is the easiest way to access the wealth of Internationals’ curriculum and resources created by members of the Internationals community, including teachers, faculty and Network Office staff.
On ISHARE, you can:
- FIND curriculum, professional development materials (such as videos of Internationals teachers) and other resources to enhance your practice
- CONTRIBUTE your own resources, such as useful web links, curriculum projects and activities, and share your best work with the community at large
- COLLABORATE with other teachers and members of the Internationals community, and make valuable connections
New York Immigration Coalition’s Education Collaborative and Internationals Network for Public Schools’ recently created a College Guide for Immigrant Parents to promote college readiness among immigrant and English language learner students. This joint effort is supported by the Donors Education Collaborative with funding and guidance on this guide from NYC DOE.